Saturday, August 22, 2009

Damn EXPENSIVE !

Living in Australia is a nice option... Good infrastructure, good services, excellent transportation, a lot entertaining places that you could visit, breathtaking landscaping located outskirts the city, cheap cars(about RM5-20k cheaper or more), and importantly is the humbleness and morality of resident of Australia.

Its really nice, I meant the morality and respectfulness of people! Everyday I seems to say "Sorry", "Sorry?", "Thank you", "No worries!", "No problem", "Its alright!". Ah... I didn't learn it when I got here and in my country..., instead I automatically used these word to express my thankfulness and gratitude toward people! I said "Thank you" everyday to bus driver which I got onto to reach my destination.


BUT, but, but................., when considering the water and electric bills in Australia... Its just way too far out from my MIND!!! See the water bills and compare it with next year below:

(Residential Charges)

Water service charge(2008) - $3.38 per quarter(2008), $35 (2009) per quarter


Sewerage service charge 2008 - $6.01 per quarter(2008) , $39.64 per quarter(2009)

You think that expensive?? I lazy to mention that, the water service charges different prices on a certain area! Example ONLY:

Block 1- $0.05 per 'bla bla'
Block 2- $0.15
Block 1&2- $0.25

and Elton's living area 刚刚好 in Block 1&2 !! Ji mahal xia woooooo...!

OK, that's for PR(Residential Charges) and the next one is Non-PR(Non-residential Charges)

(Note that PR- Permanent Resident)


(Non-residential charges)

Water service charge - $4.91 per quarter (2008), $50.97 per quarter(2009)

Sewerage service charge - $10.60 per quarter(2008), $70.01 (2009)

This is totally insane... about 10X expensive !! It is because, Melbourne is seriously lacking of water. Government "FORCE" us to reduce amount usage of water! Duh... water is considered as "GOLD" at here! Compare to Malaysia... Example my home, my family can kept the water tap running for whole day XD ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment